Vote Yes for Education and Vote Yes for Our Economy
If you're passionate about providing a quality education for our students and supporting our economy, we urge you to get involved in Greater Spokane Incorporated's support of bonds and levies!
GSI's Board of Trustees has officially voted to endorse and support the Bonds and Levies initiatives. Voting YES on bonds and levies impacts our students and their success. It also impacts you and the future of our economy. Education is at the heart of a healthy economy and it is one of the most important assets we have to attract businesses to our region, create new jobs, and ensure we have a strong workforce to fill those jobs.
Levies also make up about 20% of our public school districts' budgets and fund important extracurricular activities, essential school supplies, staff, textbooks and materials, and technology.
If these things matter to you, please, get involved:
For more information visit Education Grows Economies or
, Vice President of Education and Workforce.
What are Bonds and Levies
Bonds are needed for infrastructure, technology and building improvements. Levies fund the operation of our schools and include supplies, equipment, materials, and staff.
Why are Bond and Levy Dollars Essential?
Local taxes fund a significant portion of our K-12 education system. GSI understands that a well-rounded education today is critical for our community's success. K-12 education is an essential ingredient to fueling the growth of our economy -- one that will require new types of skills and knowledge.
STA Plaza Recommendations Report Released
November 20, 2014
In collaboration with Downtown Spokane Partnership and Visit Spokane, Greater Spokane Incorporated would like to thank the Spokane Transit Authority, STA Staff and the STA Plaza Renovation Ad-hoc Committee for the collaborative efforts and for the opportunity to provide input on the STA plaza renovation project.
You can read the full report here.
This report was unanimously approved by each Board of these organizations -- minus abstentions from those who represented some interest associated with the Plaza.
STA’s investment and presence in downtown is of the utmost importance to the vibrancy and growth of our entire region. This report is just one element among a great deal of input received on the Plaza renovation.
Representatives will be presenting elements of the report to the STA Board on the afternoon of November 20, 2014.
GSI is hiring: Membership Account Manager
POSITION TITLE: Membership Account Manager
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Membership Director
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Regular, Full-time; Exempt – Administrative; Work in partnership with current Membership Account Manager
GSI is seeking a qualified sales professional to increase growth in membership accounts and revenue. The successful candidate will join a collaborative team and be responsible for the full sales cycle as well as support member retention and contribute to the identification and improvement of programs, and services, to best meet the needs of current and prospective members.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and highly motivated self-starter. He/she must be able to develop and maintain a robust prospect pipeline, build professional relationships, understand the needs of potential members, propose the appropriate membership level, and close the sale.
Must-Have Sales Skills:
- Prospecting: A successful candidate will generate his/her own leads every week and will follow up with incoming inquires as assigned
- Cold Calling: Both inside and outside sales
- Qualifying Leads: Finding the decision maker and overcoming objections are essential to success
- Sell membership to businesses and organizations
- Develop strategies and plans to achieve and surpass individual monthly and annual sales goals, Increase overall sales as well as value per sale
- Develop and maintain an active prospect database & lead pipeline
- Maintain accurate records and utilize a CRM system
- Assist with the implementation of targeted sales projects
- Establish working relationships with new and current members to support member retention
- Attend, and outreach to new and current members at GSI at events, and programs including monthly Good Morning Greater Spokane Breakfasts and Business After Hours events and a number of annual events including Annual Meeting, Economic Forecast, and Business-to Business Trade Show.
- Participate in grand openings, ribbon cutting ceremonies and other membership events
- Participate in other trade shows, programs and professional organizations to build connections and identify businesses for which GSI membership may be valuable
- Work in collaboration and partnership with current Membership Account Manager and contribute to positive team environment.
- Facilitate and/or serve as staff liaison to committee meetings as assigned
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum 4 to 6 years sales experience that included cold calling, prospecting, and lead generation
- Demonstrated record of selling a service, "intangible" service, or non-profit development experience a plus
- Proven ability to exceed goals
- Excellent written/verbal/presentation skills
- A problem-solver with consultative selling experience
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Enthusiasm and team spirit
COMPENSATION: We offer a base salary plus a commission structure that rewards Membership Account Managers that meet and exceed their goals.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Travel by automobile in the Spokane and Coeur d’Alene area is required. Mileage reimbursement, cell phone expenses, and reimbursement for pre-approved meal expenses is provided.
HOURS OF WORK: Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. are GSI office hours. Flexibility is afforded this position due to the nature of the work.
BENEFITS: We also offer an excellent benefits package. Medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, holidays and employer sponsored 401(k) plan.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to: Tammy Tracy,
. Resumes will be accepted through December 1, 2014.
2015 Economic Forecast Presentations
At this morning's 2015 Economic Forecast economists Dr. John Mitchell and Dr. Grant Forsyth shared their insights and predictions about the year to come. The pdf files below contain the slides they used during their presentations - they've generously allowed GSI to share these documents with you, but for a limited time. We will remove these slides from our website on December 4.
Mitchell Economic Forecast Presentation 2015
Forsyth Economic Forecast Presentation 2015
GSI Hires Entrepreneurship Program Director
(SPOKANE, Wash.) Greater Spokane Incorporated (GSI) is pleased to announce the hiring of Ryan Arnold for the position of Entrepreneurship Program Director. This new position will be responsible for the leadership and guidance of the local and regional entrepreneur ecosystem, and GSI's Startup Spokane program.
An experienced entrepreneur, Ryan formed his own company, Sightline Energy, a consultant firm to the architecture and engineering industries to assist them in navigating the increasingly complex energy efficiency and building sustainability field. In addition, Ryan and a partner founded the Innovation Collective, a Coeur d'Alene-based entrepreneur support organization that is focused on providing events and education, the alignment of community resources and the connection of local entrepreneurs to capital opportunities.
"Ryan's hiring is an important step in the continued efforts to support and grow the regional entrepreneur economy," said Steve Stevens, President & CEO of Greater Spokane Incorporated. "Nurturing our startups and assisting innovative entrepreneurs with the right connections to help them expand and thrive will bring more opportunities and jobs to our community."
Launched in 2014, the Startup Spokane initiative at GSI includes educational opportunities, events, available co-working space at Share Space Spokane, and the new startupspokane.com website which was designed to provide connections and visibility for resources critical to entrepreneur growth.
"I have a passion and vision for building the entrepreneur ecosystem throughout the greater Spokane region," said Ryan. "While my initial efforts have been focused in the neighboring community of Coeur d'Alene, I have also worked with other regional organizations such as Startup Weekend Spokane, Connect Northwest, Spokane Angel Alliance, and the Spokane Area Workforce Development Council."
"As its core mission to grow jobs and business investment, GSI has made entrepreneurship and promoting a creative business culture a priority," said Linda Elkin, Board Chair of Greater Spokane Incorporated. "The initiatives that have been recently developed will now have the potential to be leveraged to their full capacity with the hiring of a dedicated Entrepreneurship Program Director."
Ryan will officially begin his duties December 1, 2014, and will be a member of GSI's Economic Development team.