POSITION TITLE: Membership Account Manager
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Membership Director
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Regular, Full-time; Exempt; Work in partnership with current Membership Account Manager.
GSI is seeking a qualified sales professional to increase growth in membership accounts and revenue. The successful candidate will join a collaborative team and be responsible for the full sales cycle as well as support member retention and contribute to the identification and improvement of programs, andservices, to best meet the needs of current and prospective members.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and highly motivated self-starter. He/she must be able to develop and maintain a robust prospect pipeline, build professional relationships, understand the needs of potential members, propose the appropriate membership level, and close the sale.
Must-Have Sales Skills:
- Prospecting: A successful candidate will generate his/her own leads every week and will follow up with incoming inquires as assigned
- Cold calling: both inside and outside sales
- Qualifying Leads: Finding the decision maker and overcoming objections are essential to success
- Sell membership to businesses and organizations
- Develop strategies and plans to achieve and surpass individual monthly and annual sales goals, Increase overall sales as well as value per sale
- Develop and maintain an active prospect database & lead pipeline
- Maintain accurate records and utilize a CRM system
- Assist with the implementation of targeted sales projects
- Establish working relationships with new and current members to support member retention
- Attend, and outreach to new and currentmembers at GSI at events, and programs including monthly Good Morning Greater Spokane Breakfasts and Business After Hours events and a number of annual events including Annual Meeting, Economic Forecast, and Business-to Business Trade Show.
- Participate in grand openings, ribbon cutting ceremonies and other membership events
- Participate in other trade shows, programs and professional organizations to build connections and identify businesses for which GSI membership may be valuable
- Work in collaboration and partnership with current Membership Account Manager and contribute to positive team environment.
- Facilitate and/or serve as staff liaison to committee meetings as assigned
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum 4 to 6 years sales experience that included cold calling, prospecting, and lead generation
- Demonstratedrecord of selling a service, "intangible" service, or non-profit development experience a plus
- Proven ability to exceed goals
- Excellent written/verbal/presentation skills
- A problem solver with consultative selling experience
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Enthusiasm and team spirit
We offer a base salary plusa commission structure that rewards Membership Account Managers that meet and exceed their goals.
Travel by automobile in the Spokane and Coeur d'Alene area is required. Mileage reimbursement, cell phone expenses, andreimbursement for pre-approved meal expenses is provided.
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. are GSI office hours. Flexibility is afforded in this position due to the nature of this job.
BENEFITS: We also offer an excellent benefits package. Medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, holidays and employer sponsored 401(k) plan.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to: