|Executive STEM Director Position Open|
The position of Executive Director for STEM Advancement is open to applicants:
Reporting to the Spokane County STEM Network Leadership Team, the Executive Director for STEM Advancement will be charged with oversight, coordination, and implementation of the Spokane County STEM Network Planning Grant. The purpose of this grant is to increase opportunities for advanced education achievement for all students, drive the economy of the region, and improve community well-being.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
*1. Build a regional network centered around STEM education, post-secondary attainment, and STEM economic and workforce development.
*2. Coordinate STEM initiatives and efforts in the region to maximize resources and student, community, and workforce engagement.
*3. Develop and expand STEM best-practices centered on promising programs of practice such as Project Lead the Way, Riverpoint Math and Science Partnership, and K-12 STEM academy models.
*4. Develop and cultivate key partnerships that result in sustainable support for major STEM education and workforce development initiatives.
*5. Implement a marketing/outreach strategy to maximize support for multiple pathways participation in STEM-focused programs and careers.
*6. Launch and sustain STEM initiatives focused on improving the numbers of students ready for post-secondary STEM coursework and employment in STEM occupations.
*7. Promote and maintain responsive community and parent student engagement relations, including collaboration with workforce development organizations, business/industry representatives, and across the K-20 education spectrum.
*8. Raise the profile in the education community about local engagement in STEM fields that are inclusive, universally designed, and honor diversity.
*9. Work strategically and collaboratively with city, county, state and federal agencies as well as non-profits, foundations, and community-based organizations to establish partnerships, leverage resources and apply for funding.
*10. Manage expectations and competing needs and interests while continuing to advance the Spokane County STEM Network initiative accountability measures.
*11. Engage with Network members as well as other community stake holders to review progress strengthen partnerships, and evaluate/refine existing strategies as needed.
‘*’ essential duty
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
1. Master’s Degree in STEM discipline, Business Administration, Education, Marketing, Public Administration or closely related field from an accredited institution.
2. Demonstrated ability to lead in a highly collaborative environment, excellent organizational skills, and self-motivation.
3. At least three years business/industry/education experience, one of which involved direct supervisory responsibilities.
4. Ability to work in team-focused manner across complex, multi-dimensional institutions and with partner organizations.
5. Ability to analyze, evaluate, and synthesize large amounts of data and coordinate quick, quality responses to meet rapidly changing needs.
6. Familiarity with existing and emerging education, business/industry, workforce, and economic development strategies related to STEM disciplines.
7. Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement processes using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impact.
8. Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
9. Experience managing projects of varying complexities and ensuring adherence to outcomes, deadlines, and within budget.
10. Skilled in various forms of technology and/or social media platforms to ensure the ability to communicate effectively with a wide-variety of private/public sector partners and stakeholders.
11. Skilled facilitator who can encourage leadership and followership by motivating, energizing, persuading, influencing, and connecting the right people, partnerships, and resources to accomplish goals.
12. Proven fund-raising experience.
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES (DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS)
1. Experience in K-20 education system.
2. Familiarity with Spokane County’s key economic drivers and initiatives around education workforce development, and or economic development.
Work is performed in an office environment which is adequately heated and ventilated. Work is sedentary in nature. Frequent use of computer and exposure to terminal screens in performing work assignments.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Position is limited duration and contingent on full grant award with an opportunity to be funded over multiple years.
Position will report to the Spokane County STEM Network Leadership Team.
Position is exempt for Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Requires background check.
Ability to travel locally/regionally with occasional overnight travel.
If using personal vehicle for travel proof of driver’s license and car insurance required