Greater Spokane Incorporated staff works every day to build a strong and healthy Spokane regional economy in which to live, work and do business. Recently, GSI.....
- Assisted with seven company expansion and retention projects, resulting in more than 200 new direct jobs with an economic impact of $49 million.
- Assisted with the recruitment of Caterpillar, which will open a distribution center on the West Plains and employ between 90 and 150 workers.
- Launched YourPolicyVoice.org, our business-policy website that highlights the policy decisions that affect the business community and allow users to easily submit a letter to elected officials.
- Helped business receive 249 new government contracts worth a $3.8 million, creating 76 jobs through the Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) government contracting program.
- Placed Spokane in front of more than 3 million readers of Alaska Airlines Magazine thanks to a feature on our city.
- Advocated successfully for $35 million toward the Biomedical and Health Sciences Building at WSU Spokane, which will hold all four years of medical education.
- Collaborated with numerous groups to secure funding to continue construction on the North Spokane Corridor.
- Successfully lobbied for two Military Construction (MILCON) projects at Fairchild Air Force Base
- Attracted 5,600 producers and industry reps and 245 exhibitors to Spokane Ag Expo and Pacific Northwest Farm Forum. The three-day expo had a $3 million economic impact on the area.
- Convened K-12, higher education and business leaders around state and local STEM initiatives.
- Produced more than 100 events, seminars and workshops, attracting more than 8,500 attendees.
- Retained 93 percent of our membership.
- Hosted Career Exploration Day for more than 50 local companies and more than 1,400 local students.
- Hosted more than 50 area educators at our Teach the Teachers programs.
- Established a roundtable of representatives from the small business community and identified critical business issues, such as the permitting process and unemployment insurance.
Here are some examples of results. To learn more, view our 2013 Annual Report.