The Spokane region is routinely recognized for its outstanding business climate and quality of life.
- Spokane the top place to live after college - May 17, 2013
No state income tax a big reason why.
- Washington the eighth-best state for starting a business - May 8, 2013
Concentration of STEM workers a plus.
- Washington rated sixth in overall economic performance - May 6, 2013
State rates high in exports, innovation and more.
- Spokane a best place to retire to - Dec. 10, 2012
Home prices cited as one reason.
- TechNet Study says Washington the nation's leading state in broadband infrastructure - Dec. 5, 2012
Study highlights broadband's advantages for economic development.
- Spokane a "Best Winter Vacation Destination" - Nov. 30, 2012
City comes in at no. 2
- Spokane a top place to live - Oct. 17, 2012
City's 'colorful culture emerges in its local businesses.'
- Spokane a "Top Place to Live on $100 a Day" - July 17, 2012
Historic downtown, Riverfront Park among the many reasons why.
- Spokane a 'winner' in growth in the next 20 years - June 27, 2012
Forecast from Zillow's Chief Economist
- Washington one of ten states that will boom in the next five years - June 13, 2012
Aerospace and technology sectors, along with a strong export economy among the factors.
- Spokane a low risk area for natural disasters - April 30, 2011
City ranks 6th among metro areas for lowest risk.
- Washington the second-best state to make a living.
Average income and no state income tax catalysts for recognition.
- Forbes ranks Washington 7th-best state for business.
Washington again ranked in the top-10.
- Washington ranked 5th in energy efficiency.
Moved up one spot from the 2010 rankings.
- Spokane a top community for young people.
Ranking comes from America's Promise Alliance.
- Spokane a top place to retire to.
Median home price and no state income tax key factors
- Washington second in the nation in favorable business start-up states.
Ranking is up from no. 3 in 2008
- Spokane in RelocateAmerica's Top 100 Places to Live.
Spokane one of five Washington cities
- Washington has the nation's 10th cleanest economy.
Study looked at green jobs between 2003 and 2010
- Spokane a top city for families.
City comes in at no. 51 in Parenting Magazine.
- Spokane among the top locations for business site selection.
Eastern Washington fares very well for businesses looking to relocate.
- Washington the sixth-leading state in clean energy leadership
Ranking looks at policies, promotion and capital surrounding clean energy.
- Washington the top bike-friendly state
The state once again tops the list.
- Washington 13th Happiest and Healthiest State
Business Insider ranks Washington State 13 out of 20 for the Healthiest State.
- Washington the 9th smartest state
CNNMoney.com noted our state's, "highly regarded research universities."
- Washington the 6th innovative state in the technology and science
Successfully making technology and science into companies and high paying jobs.
- Spokane no. 7 mid-sized city for restaurant growth
Restaurant industry growing the past couple years.
- Washington the 5th friendliest state for small business
State's lack of an income tax, low utility rates and more help ranking.
- Spokane has the sixth-best commute to work in the nation
It takes citizens an average of 20 minutes to get to work each day.
- Washington the 11th healthiest state
Up one spot from 2009
- Spokane the 15th most secure mid-sized city in the U.S.
This is the second time Spokane has made the list - ranked 19th in 2008
- Washington ranked second in innovation
Our state helps move our country toward an innovation-based economy.
- Spokane a top city for jobs
MSN.com includes Spokane as a top city for jobs based on recent job growth.
- Spokane a Top Community for Young People
We're among 100 of America's top communities
- Washington Students Get Top SAT Scores
This is the eighth consecutive year Washington students had the top SAT scores.
- Spokane Ranks #6 for Charitable Giving, in the Nation!
MensHealth gives Spokane an A- and a number 6 ranking, in the nation, for
the city's work with non-profits.
- Washington #16 for America’s Top States for Business ‘09
Ranked by ten categories, Washington beat Idaho, Montana, and Oregon.
- America's 100 Cheapest Places to Live
Spokane, WA ranked #1 in the Pacific region
- 21 Regional hospitals recognized as nation's most wired
Hospitals in our region earned the distinction of being among the most technologically-advanted hospitals in the country.
- Spokane Ranked as a Top City for Young Professionals
Spokane is No. 13 on the list of "Mighty Micros" (cities with populations of 100,000 - 200,000).
- More Awards